Monday, March 23, 2015

My First Formal - Simplicity 2053

Hello Fellow Sewists!
Today was a great day! I still, after all these years, consider myself a novice sewist. Ive always been terrified of formal wear. As if it took an entirely different skill set to make a dress that's floorlength. Really? Until today I didn't realize how ridiculous that fear was. In fact, today I took on Simplicity 2053. I saw this gorgeous inspiration dress but I have no idea where I saw it so I cant tag the source. Sorry.
 
I put out a plea on Facebook for anyone who knew of a pattern like this. Thankfully I got a lot of replies. Meanwhile, I did my own search and came across Simplicity 2053.

I decided that View A of this pattern was as close as I would get. I sat down at my machine and within a couple of hours I was done (minus the zipper - I saved that for the next day).
 
Another fear conquered! I'm pleased with it. On to my next conquest :-)
Kellie




No comments:

Post a Comment