Monday, February 20, 2012

Recycled Jeans - 2

Practice! Practice! Practice!
My first attempt at making a purse from "upcycled" jeans went OK. However, I tweeked it a little. First, the last purse was made with kids jeans and I found it to be too little for any of my stuff.
I used adult sized jeans this time.
Second, the closure on the last one was BAD. I decided to add a zipper (this took some work).
Third, I experimented with the strap and made raw edged strap that is sealed with a zig-zag stitch.
I like this one much better!

2 comments:

  1. Great Purse.
    Please check out my blog I have chosen you for the Liebster Award! Details I have posted here:

    http://crimsoncricut.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-award.html

    Thank you for inspiring me,

    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kell, I hope all is well with you. Wow look at you making a lot of great things. Hope to see more.

    ReplyDelete